As Vermont mushers, make an effort to attend one of these Outdoor Recreation Economic public forums. Bring a friend, but have a voice so our use of Vermont’s recreational resources isn’t lost to us.
The Vermont Outdoor Recreation Economic Collaborative (VOREC) steering committee will host a series of public forums. The forums are to gather input from Vermonters on how to leverage and strengthen the State’s outdoor recreation assets to grow the economy. The first is September 12 and they run through October 24.
The dates and locations of the Outdoor Recreation Economic public forums are:
- Tuesday, September 12th: Best Western Plus, 45 Blush Hill Rd, Waterbury, 6-8 pm.
- Monday, September 25th: Island Pond Town Hall, 49 Mill St, Island Pond, 6-8 pm.
- Tuesday, October 3rd: Community College of Vermont, 60 West St, Rutland, 6-8 pm.
- Tuesday, October 10th: St. Albans City Hall, 100 North Main Street, St. Albans, 6-8 pm.
- Monday, October 16th: The Evening Star Grange, 1008 East-West Rd, East Dummerston, 6-8 pm.
- Monday, October 23rd: Hartford Town Hall, 171 Bridge St White River Junction, 6-8 pm.
- Tuesday, October 24th: West Mountain Inn, 144 W. Mountain Inn Rd, Arlington, 6-8 pm.
The Outdoor Recreation Economic public forums will be open house style. The forums will solicit feedback and ideas on how Vermont might achieve the following principal objectives:
- Promote business opportunities.
- Increase participation opportunities.
- Strengthen the quality and extent of our recreational resources.
- Strengthen the stewardship of our recreational resources.
For people who cannot attend an in-person meeting, or prefer to submit their ideas electronically, an online survey will go live on September 12th. The survey will be on the VOREC webpage. For more information about this initiative and the survey, visit www.fpr.vermont.gov/VOREC.
Source: Vermont Department of Forests, Parks and Recreation 8.24.2017